Flat view
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,819Gear list
Like?
Side by side images K5 & K3 at 100 and 1600 ISO
9 months ago

from the pdml, the page is 12MP btw - K5 on left, K3 on right:

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/k3k5/idonttestcameras.html

snip: "Anyway, it's fairly self explanatory. I had noise reduction set to off on both cameras. I downsized the 5% images by 50%, I downsized the K3 file to the same as the full K5 dimension, and then downsized it again by 50% to get the same length. The K3 image is a little taller than the K5 image. Images shot using a desk lamp for illumination, lens was the DFA 100/2.8 macro at f/8. The focus was about a third of the way from the trim ring to the tip. I thought the K5 was pretty good at high ISO. The K3 doesn't have to worry about high ISO performance.

What this set of images doesn't show, because it can't, is how much more of a pleasure to use the K3 is over the K5. Everything about the K3 is better in terms of usability. I'm super impressed with this camera so far." End Quote.

source: http://pdml.net/pipermail/pdml_pdml.net/2013-November/363202.html

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein
________
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... Ken Wilbur
_ _ _ _ _
Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous - Albert Einstein

Nikon Df Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow