What next for an NEX 5N user

Started Nov 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,012
Like?
Re: Same problem, different thoughts
In reply to Joachim Wulfers, Nov 5, 2013

OK. I have a 5n and an A900 and find I use both. The A900 when I am principally travelling by car and can lug it. The 5n when travelling by plane or just wandering around streets or hiking.

My biggest issue with the 5n is lens changing in crowded streets or dusty environments (Australian outback). I like wa and I am forever changing lenses and miss shots while my wife nails them with her Lumix P&S. But in low light, the Nex is wonderful.

Current thinking. Use two cameras when walking around. Keep the 5n (or maybe a 6) with 16-50 for compact size/wa shooting. Carry a second camera with a longer lens in the backpack. That second camera might be a new compact FF and then retire off the A900 as I build a lens collection for the A7 or A7r

or the 5n with wa lens in backpack and an rx1 (or maybe rx100 as the 5n would give me the better low light I often need)) for walking around. And keep the A900 for use from the car?

or .... I dunno either. But I think the 5n is likely to stay in the mix.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow