Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
trac63
Contributing MemberPosts: 566
Like?
Re: I don't see the argument here ...
In reply to viking79, 11 months ago

viking79 wrote:

emem wrote:

In real life shooting, of a user base of many thousands (of any brand camera), how many want to fill a buffer with RAW shots in a single burst?

Actually, a RAW depth of 6 is very problematic for any sort shooting, even portraiture. I like to shoot back to back shots and if a 6 shot buffer fills up it means missed shots. Say you are posing a model and do quick 10 pose shots back to back, annoying to say, "hold up a second, my camera is processing."

I love my Samsung NX300 but never consider using it for a professional shoot because even though it shoots 8 fps, it only has a 5 frame RAW buffer. This fills up in about half a second at max speed, or even if I am shooting 1 shot every second or so it fills up in less than 10 shots.

The Nikon is at least more responsive shot to shot than my NX300, but still a pathetically small buffer.

Eric

I own an NX210 and a D7100.

The Nikon is way, way faster. There's no comparison. With the Samsung you shoot a few single shots in RAW and the camera freezes, You can't even make any adjustments until it finishes doing its thing. The D7100 will shoot uncompressed RAW at 2.7 frames/second indefinitely, even with a full buffer.

See:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d7100/12

It's only really slow if you shoot RAW+JPEG at max quality.

If you shoot JPEG-only the problem goes away.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow