the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
photosen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,803Gear list
Like?
Valiant effort... But they're not really worried
In reply to paulkienitz, 9 months ago

I'm brand agnostic and happily shoot with Canon gear... I have an appreciation of what Pentax offers, but I don't think either Canon or Nikon are exactly frightened of Pentax; a couple of years ago Sony probably got them thinking, but that hasn't worked out, I'm not talking about the quality of the cameras and lenses or what a half decent photographer can do with them (plenty), but in terms of market share and (apparent) profitability.

The 7D is still more camera than most amateurs can handle, the lens line up is still plenty attractive, and the aspirational segment longing for "the best of the best" (whether it is actually the best or not) is well covered by the full frame models.

In many countries Pentax is simply not even present, beyond good products which are obviously still required they would need to expand their presence which is an expensive and risky undertaking; or at the very least find specific ways to attract newbies.

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow