Started Nov 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vera Cognome
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
4 DF talking points.
Nov 5, 2013
  • While the press release for the 50mm f/1.8s lens has "special edition" wording; the press release for the DF does not.  Is Nikon really expecting to keep making these for years?  I give it until just after Christmas until the DF2 rumors start in earnest.
  • My guess as to "why did Nikon use the D4 sensor in this camera?" is "Nikon is stuck with them in inventory." By dSLR standards, the D4 is getting a bit long in the tooth; I'd give good odds that a D4x or D5 is in the pipeline.
  • The DF is not "the first camera marketed and sold to the AARP crowd."  It's not even the first Nikon.  I guess whoever wrote that forgot about the S3/2000 and SP/2005 rangefinders.
  • That said, the DF reminds me more of a different camera, the Nikon FM3A.  It was designed to be a usable tool, but because people were afraid of destroying the collector's value, the lion's share of the copies ended up being "shelf queens."
Nikon D4 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow