the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,681Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't see the argument here ...
In reply to awaldram, 8 months ago

awaldram wrote:

And my point is unless the bodies can use the Lens it's irrelevant how fast the lens could be.

I'll say again as HSM lens do not operate faster than SDM on Pentax the limiting factor must currently be the body or Pentax Safox system.

But that can cease to be true once the body passes a certain speed threshold.  The limitation can be transferred to the lens.

Until Sigma HSM glass outperforms SDM Pentax glass the fast 'sports' lens from Pentax is nothing but an impossible pipe dream.

I see no evidence that the k3 has addressed RAW speed (tracking yes)

Putting your experience together with what other people are saying, it sounds to me like HSM is undistinguished in speed just like SDM is, and neither is a good measure of what the system might be capable of with a new motor.

The point of this thread was never that a body by itself would overturn C and N -- just that it's addressing a market they're neglecting, and if we follow up with lens motors well matched to the body, we have a chance to make a real dent.

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow