the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
srock
Regular MemberPosts: 341Gear list
Like?
Re: the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt
In reply to John_A_G, 11 months ago

Fascinating thread. Alot like the pixel peepers at 100%. I'm not the 1% of you worrying whether a single feature is going to lure in more c/n and make pentax the leader(validating our choice!), I'm the 99% who buy cameras- I bought the k10d, the k7 and will be buying a k-3. I'm an enthusiast, I have a variety of photo interests and shoot many different kinds of subjects. I'm in a large photo club where I am in a distinct minority. Everyone shoots Canon or Nikon except for me and perhaps 1 or two others. What draws me to Pentax and keeps me there is the solid construction, weather sealing, in body shake reduction, and enormous feature set for enormous value.$1299 for the feature set of the k-3, or $899 for the k5ii is a fantastic value compared with C or N. Yes, I give up the lens map of C and N, but for my uses, I have more than enough choices. Yes I am aggravated each time a 3rd party manufacturer makes his device available for C or N or Sony, but not pentax- but I deal.

I have the same reaction each time I pick up a new Pentax- I am amazed whatI can get  for the price. I then go and compare against the competition and cant get a similar product for anywhere near the cost.

I would love to see Pentax put a effort into expanding its dealers in the US. The average buyer wont unless he can put his hands on the product and handle it. Picking up a Pentax and a competing N or C is a compelling argument for Pentax.

I too fret that Pentax and whoever owns it at the time will find the market too tough, but I buy cameras for now.

As long as Pentax/asahi/Hoya/Ricoh keeps putting out high quality products at high value to the photo enthusiast there will be a vigorous market for them. Hopefully Pentax/Ricoh will have the resources and smarts to properly market its product. If so, the camera will sell itself.

Steve

srock's gear list:srock's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow