What next for an NEX 5N user

Started Nov 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,484Gear list
Like?
Re: What next for an NEX 5N user
In reply to Joachim Wulfers, Nov 5, 2013

Joachim, based on your short description of what you're thinking and then the few sample photos you posted, I would strongly recommend that you stick with the 5N and not allow yourself to think a new camera is going to do any kind of magic over what you already have. I was in a similar boat with my 5N about a year ago. I really wanted full frame (and the first 2 FF cameras I bought were very disappointing to me). But if you aren't feeling that desire, and the shots you shoot wouldn't change much (if at all) using a FF camera, then that probably shouldn't be a direction you consider. An NEX 7 wouldn't produce different images based on the shots you posted either. The 5N was a magical camera at the time and Sony has yet to produce a little mirrorless camera that caused me to want to upgrade when I would lose features that I liked so much (e.g., touch screen moving to the 6 or 7). If you can muster it, sticking with your 5N is probably your best bet.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 OnePlus One +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow