What next for an NEX 5N user

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,925Gear list
Like?
Re: What next for an NEX 5N user
In reply to Joachim Wulfers, 5 months ago

Joachim, based on your short description of what you're thinking and then the few sample photos you posted, I would strongly recommend that you stick with the 5N and not allow yourself to think a new camera is going to do any kind of magic over what you already have. I was in a similar boat with my 5N about a year ago. I really wanted full frame (and the first 2 FF cameras I bought were very disappointing to me). But if you aren't feeling that desire, and the shots you shoot wouldn't change much (if at all) using a FF camera, then that probably shouldn't be a direction you consider. An NEX 7 wouldn't produce different images based on the shots you posted either. The 5N was a magical camera at the time and Sony has yet to produce a little mirrorless camera that caused me to want to upgrade when I would lose features that I liked so much (e.g., touch screen moving to the 6 or 7). If you can muster it, sticking with your 5N is probably your best bet.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow