ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381
Like?
My LA-EA4 is here !
9 months ago

Got delivered this morning.

I also happen to have the LA-EA2 for my NEX 7 so I was able to do a direct comparison. They are absolutely identical in external size. Looking at the "mouth" of the adapter the A4 has indeed a slightly larger opening, but you really need to look hard at it to see it. I would totally confuse one for the other at a quick glance. There are two minor external differences though. The "granite" finish of the A2 has been replaed by a smoother, more plasticky and plainer looking paint. And the golden SLT techology is gone. Both seem to indicate that Sony wants us to see this adapter as a commodity, something mundane to have an use, and not dwell on it.

I mounted the EA4 on my NEX7 and it performed flawlessly in my very dim living room. AF was reliable and fast, but please not I was using an HSM lens, so AF speed with SAL or SAM or screw driven lenses shouldn't be remotely as good (as it is the case with the LA-EA2).

A few pictures :

Pardon the shallow DOF, the EA4 is the one in focus, to the right.

My EA2 will most likely get sold, as I don't see myself needing both at the same time. The EA4 will service both the NEX 7 and A7 I have on preorder. Someone asked me if I had to upgrade any FW or do anything for it to work on the NEX 7, and the answer is no.

-- hide signature --
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow