the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt

Started Nov 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,819Gear list
Like?
Re: the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt
In reply to tcom, Nov 5, 2013

tcom wrote:

I mentionned Pentax that I do not understand why they feature almost the slowest AF in the whole SDM lenses (with the exception of the DA*55) in that 50-135 as it is the ideal range for most sport events I am covering. I asked if there is a chance for a new version with an improved AF speed, I was told sport photographers are not the target audience... They added photographers were taking sport photos before AF existed.

Unfortunately looks like you were talking to an idiot

Maybe my experience varies to your due to different shooting environments ?

But then again I'd have thought low light water-polo matches would be a lot more challenging to focus systems than beach volley ball.?

Not only would you have a lot more light but a smaller area to cover, what body was you using ?

My experience with my lens (only those I use regularly) speed wise.

1. da 40ltd

2. Sigma 400mm telemacro

3. Pentax da* 300

4. Pentax da* 5-135

5. Sigma 70-200 F2.8

6. Sigma 50-500

7. Pentax da* 55

8. Pentax da* 16-50

9. Tamron 18-250

And tracking capability order

1. Pentax da* 300

2. Pentax da* 50-135

3. Sigma 400mm Telemacro

4. Sigma 50-500

5 Sigma 70-200

I can't comment on the rest I a don't use them for tracking.

I  know last time I compared the standard af-s (ultrasonic) dx 18-105 on a d7000 in shop lighting my da*16-50 on a k5 was noticeably quicker to lock.

Perhaps your opinion is tainted by having a seriously nice Nikon body driving the lens ?

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow