the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Unexpresivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 995
Like?
Re: the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt
In reply to awaldram, 8 months ago

awaldram wrote:

And now there is a new kid in the block, named Nikon DF. DF, even is not an aps-c, will bring the attention back into Nikon land.

not often I agree with you but just this once

mind you that last line, not so sure about, be interesting if the same talk the talk FF gang exist in Nikon land as in Pentax world.

My suspicion is the camera will not break any sale records.

I agree with you also that the DF won`t break any records but it is expected. A lot of analysts are predicting the arrival of the niche cameras. Specialized models a la Leica that will command a higher price and will be low volume sellers. I even believe the Sony a7/a7r fall slightly under this category.

The challenge for camera manufacturers is that with the marginal increments in quality image and performance, the durability of cameras is reaching the point that is hard to sell new models.  I see a lot of people still using Nikon D700 and very happy with it. Same in Pentax land. Lots of people skipped the k-5 all around and they will migrate from k-7/k-x/k-r to Ricoh k-3. For them, the k-3 is an amazing proposition in terms of quality and performance but no so much for people who bought k5-II/k-5IIs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow