Mirrorless shipments surge....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,361
Like?
Re: OP used the word "surge" and claimed objectivity
In reply to dennis tennis, 9 months ago

dennis tennis wrote:

Our dear objectiive OP trying to hard to come across as objective, attacking anybody who's trying to use personal observation on this thread but he

If you are objective, just state the numbers but you tried to paint a positive picture of MILC and then of course, used the word "surge". This is just as chilldish as grown men making threads with title such as "I dumped my xxx and bought a yyy". Selling of a camera is "dumping". Is this something a child would say, not grown men.

Guys, I dumped my girl friend today, after one year of use, I've come to the conclusion that the ergonomics wasn't getting it done. The body and lens combo was just too big and heavy and she's just not repsonsive enough. Her frame rate was too slow and her battery life was too short. I didn't like her dynamic range.

You do raise a fair point. Actually if you read my posts in the thread I think you would see that I havent tried to paint a  particularly positive picture for MILC sales because I dont think the numbers for MILC sales are, in aggregate, that positive.

The thread title does of course include the word 'surge' which is a very 'subjective' description of the rise in MILC shipments reported in the September figures. The problem I have found though, in the past, is that if I happen to title the thread 'CIPA reports September digital camera shipments', the thread disappears without trace within a couple of hours.

So, admittedly some poetic license was taken with the title of the thread. The problem with a catchy title though, as you imply, is that many people judge their response based on the title of the thread alone. And arguably if you are deliberately trying to attract people to look at the data through the thread title - you should not really be surprised if it generates 'knee-jerk' responses.

And my attack on 'personal observation' or 'anecdotal evidence' is that it is not really relevant in the face of aggregated global data. The concept of 'when I was out for a walk today, half the people I saw were carrying a milc' is as meaningless 'I havent seen anyone carrying a milc in the past week'. I have no idea why someone would wish to post such an atomic data point.

Incidentally looking back at the the threads I have started on this subject I note one titled 'Poor camera shipments continue - miserable mirrorless.' So you could equally arguable that the use of the word 'miserable' is an equally subjective term for a 'poor' monthly figure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CIPANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow