Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts on the matter desired..

Started Nov 2, 2013 | Questions thread
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Pentax on leading edge
In reply to fakuryu, Nov 5, 2013

That Astro-tracer sounds like a handy accessory.  Will the GPS function work with the K-x?  The AA batteries is where the K-x has a real advantage.

The k-x is a fairly good astro camera, but just does not have the support or software that Canon has for their camera's.  Canon has made it a point of supporting astrophotography with their camera's. Right now Canon is really the only choice for DSLR astrophotography.

I do have a $10,000 mount that negates the need for the AstroTracer!!!  There is more to Astrophotography than star fields!!

I am sorry the Pentax has abandoned the AA battery route for their DSLR's.

I am a retired Forester and the places I tend to hang out do not have a plug handy in most cases!!  That is what drew me to Pentax in the first place.

Here is what I want in a camera:  GPS, AA batteries, high ISO, wifi, ability to run camera from tablet or laptop, and weather sealing.  Full-frame was just a bonus with the 6D.

Oh, the ability to recharge batteries from a solar panel is handy.  It is easy to do that with AA batteries.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow