Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,067Gear list
Like?
Re: the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt
In reply to paulkienitz, 8 months ago

paulkienitz wrote:

viking79 wrote:

It definitely shows Pentax is now competitive in an area of the market that peaked about 4 years ago.

"An area of the market that peaked about 4 years ago", my pancreas. People still want fast cameras now for the same reasons they did then. "The market" didn't move away from providing that; two particular companies did, and they left a lot of angry and disappointed customers behind by doing so.

Sorry, I know it is an area that is still popular, my point is that the emphasis is no longer in that spot of the market (4 years ago the 7d and D300 were the cameras).  I really like what Pentax did, and I do think it fills that niche well.  However, I still think they are very late to the market.

I think the K-7 and K-5 were both not quite enough to gain any market traction other than with current Pentax users.  This was at the point where Hoya was trying to kill Pentax I think   K-7 was perfectly fine from my perspective for what I wanted, but if I was looking for a fast action camera it wouldn't have been the K-7.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow