Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,729Gear list
Like?
DPReview Interview with Kimio Maki
11 months ago

Well, it's here... Sony's chance to tell us all their plans, or failing that something new and interesting about the A7:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9689111831/every-six-months-i-want-to-do-something-new-kimio-maki-of-sony

And what did we get? Sweet AF!

This was my comment under the interview, I typed before thinking, but I think it sums up my sentiments:

"Poor interview - all we get to know is that the guy has no prior E-mount or A-mount experience... no wonder both ranges seem to be so confused now!

Also that the guy is an intellectual butterfly wanting to 'create something new every six months'... fantastic for gaining new customers, but what about the existing customers who want to see some coherency and ongoing continuity in their product range? And new customers become existing customers as soon as they buy something..!

What does the cancellation of the 'NEX' product range name mean?

What is the future for A-mount?

Will there be future small Emount cameras like the NEX bodies were or will they all be huge monsters like the A3000 or expensive mini-DSLRs like the A7?

Will there be future low or mid-range A-mount bodies?

How are Sony going to integrate E-mount and A mount?

Yep... none of these questions and more were answered

Sorry, I'm disappointed, and I suspect many other current Sony owners are as well!"

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow