the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,729Gear list
Like?
Re: the K3 is perfectly tiimed to hit C and N where they hurt
In reply to MightyMike, 9 months ago

MightyMike wrote:

I like the enthusiasm, I give it no more than 6 months and C & N will have their 7DII and D400 and i'm sure they'll give the K-3 a significant run for its money... its only logical, now there is always the chance they don't have anything significant up their sleeves and will falter further but that would be unlikely.

I don't think it'll happen that way.  C and N are committed to pushing people toward full frame, and one of the threads I was reading was about a Nikon employee saying categorically that there is absolutely no intention of ever making a D400.  I think Canon has reached a similar policy decision.  Besides, an 8D or D400 would be substantially more expensive than a K-3.  This means that C and N would have to compete by upgrading their top consumer camera, not by refreshing their crop pro camera.  So we'll have to expect a D7200 to be substantially faster than a D7100, but probably still cheaper and plasticier than a K-3, and the 80D likewise, and that will take a while because the 70D is still new.  I think that six months from now the K-3 will still be ahead, unless Nikon makes an egregious jump in megapixels for the sake of bragging rights, which will tend to penalize them in speed.

Their longer term answer will probably include making a 5D4 or D900 which is fast.  But then we still come out looking good because those will cost so much.

-- hide signature --

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." -- Ansel

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow