Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: I've just given up on the 12-50.
In reply to Zensu11, 11 months ago

Zensu11 wrote:

FrankParis wrote:

The 10mm on the tele end just isn't enough to lust for.

I'll just use my surprisingly sharp Oly 40-150 M.Zuiko (the first version) for longer reach. I don't use telephoto zooms indoors anyway so the smaller aperture is fine with me.

I agree with this entirely. I love the Oly 40-150 and I only paid $99 for it directly from Olympus. That sale lasted only a few days and I was lucky enough to catch it. The steal of the century! I also love the plastic mount, believe it or not. It's the smoothest mouth I've ever experienced. I never break any of my photo equipment so I'm not worried about the plastic mount.

I agree totally Frank. I've put up with a lot in my life and in my "golden" years feel I deserve some rewards like a super great 12-40 zoom, and who knows I may be lucky enough to upgrade to all the PRO Olympus MFT lenses (40-150 F2.8, etc.) coming in the next few years.

I'm afraid I would be putting myself at risk investing in anymore photo equipment, although I have so much redundant M4/3 gear I could sell off enough for something else. I don't know if my aching bones are up to lugging the 40-150mm f/2.8 around, although I've lost a lot of weight lately (better diet!) and it's a lot easier for me to get around now than it was a year ago, so who knows? I'll have to wait until the reports come out. If it measures up to the sharpness of the 12-40, I'll be tempted to get off my duff and sell my redundant gear.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow