Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,905Gear list
Like?
Don't understand the Df? Let me help.
9 months ago

I have a D800 sitting in front of me. It's a BEAST of a camera and so is the D4 of course. The D600 and D610 are very good, but I see no reason to buy one if you own a D800 or D4.

Enter the Df.

Now this is a camera with HANDLING and real controls. I can't believe I will soon own a FX camera with real dials that I can set without squinting at a LCD or raising the camera to my eye.

And let's not just pass on by and ignore the D4 sensor. I own a D800 and I know for a FACT that the D4 sensor has certain low light advantages. As impressive as the D800/D600 sensors are, I have NEVER EVER seen ISO shots above 6400 from either that are as usable as those from the D4. And now that same sensor will be in this beautiful retro body that is also quite small? Fantastic.

If you don't understand why camera handling is so important, then I can't help you. If you're convinced that a D600/D800 can hang with a D4 at ISO 12800, you need to do some homework. While all three are superb, the D4's strengths are its own.

Is it perfect? Nope. But it looks like it will be on a LOT of Xmas wish lists. I'll stick to my guns and WAIT this time. I got burned on the Nikon early adopter train, so I'll hang on for a bit. But I'll certainly be buying one of these. A D4 sensor in a body with manual controls? I'm in!!!!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
6D?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow