Mirrorless shipments surge....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
brownie314
Contributing MemberPosts: 926
Like?
Re: your preferences should be everybody's?
In reply to Eamon Hickey, 11 months ago

Eamon Hickey wrote:

brownie314 wrote:

Eamon Hickey wrote:

I did not assume that at first because this is mind blowing. Photographers on this website get annoyed with people who obsess over gear and DXO mark results and various minutia like that. But this one takes the cake. This is obsessing over financial results.

What exactly is wrong with being curious about the business of cameras and photography? Does that curiosity, and discussions about it, harm children or puppies? How about, say, the history of camera technology? I mean, what use is it to know about wet plate cameras? How about the science of applied optics? Is that a risible obsession?

Maybe you're not interested. Fine. Nobody is trying to tell you what you should be curious about, a courtesy you apparently don't reciprocate. If you don't care about camera company financial results, don't read threads about them.

You can obsess over anything you want, I am not trying to stop you.  I just thought it was curious for people to do so on a photography enthusiast website.  But I guess it makes sense, there is gear obsession, why not obsess about financials of the companies that make that gear.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CIPANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow