Pentax K10D- Grandfather of High End Pentax DSLRS

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Chalootz297
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Love the rich colors and mid's ... :)
In reply to Jay Ell, 9 months ago

Hello Jay Ell,

Thank you for your feedback on this issue. Yes, I'm completely wrong and you are absolutely correct. In fact I'm about to take a hammer to my doggy K10D, and glad I've been shown the light.

If only I had seen the numbers sooner, I'd have realized what a poor performer this camera was!
Because numbers are the only true measure of art. You've reminded many here of this before, it must be boring to keep pointing out such an obvious fact, but you are tireless in your mission. And 116 members of this forum are better for it.

So-called artistic 'qualities' like color rendering, richness, saturation, texture, the look and feel of a photo are virtually meaningless compared to lines on a chart or otherwise measurable values. Are you an engineer? That alone would qualify you to make such sweeping evaluations. Why, sharpness can be measured and compared in exact terms. Who could possibly argue with science? Certainly not anyone with logic or sense!

Logic, scientific tests, proper measurements, rigidly controlled comparisons (I've noticed that all your posted photographs are side-by-side comparisons, further proof of your value in these types of discussions) are the only true measures of a camera or lens. Or, of art, for that matter.

Now, where's that hammer?

Chalootz297's gear list:Chalootz297's gear list
Pentax Optio I-10 Pentax K10D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow