Updating the E-M5

Started Nov 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
revio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,281Gear list
Like?
Re: Updating the E-M5
In reply to deltabi, Nov 4, 2013

deltabi wrote:

You don't have to download anything, apart from the Olympus Updater software. This one will download, on your behalf, the correct firmware.

I've just updated my E-M5 from 1.2 to 1.7 and it tooks two steps, going thru version 1.4 if I remember correctly.

The update operation is pretty straightforward: run the updater software, connect the camera vua the USB cable and then the software will check what firmware must be downloaded. Repeat the steps until the software says that you don't need any update.

The software will also check if you need to update the firmware of the lens connected to the camera.

That's it!

Now I have made the update. Had to first go to 1.4 and then start over again and then it (more or less automatically) went from 1.4 to 1.7, the currently latest firmware.

Also, "the system" (the update page window) said the 75mm/1,8 that I had mounted on the camera could be updated to a new firmware version, but despite several attempts at doing that, I never could get it done.

The info, however, said that it was about some Panasonic-related thing, so I don´t really bother since I have no Panasonic camera body to worry about.

The IS "whirr" by the way, still isn´t gone...but now it´s heard only when pressing the shutter button for pre-shot AF. Good enough...

-- hide signature --

Aim & Frame

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow