Pentax K10D- Grandfather of High End Pentax DSLRS

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Chalootz297
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Love the rich colors and mid's ... :)
In reply to cgarrard, 9 months ago

Well, I have to agree regarding the beautiful color rendering, something about the CCD sensor, even at 10MP that is unmatched in later cameras, not just Pentax, either!

I have posted many K10D photos on the 'other' Pentax forum, including scenics, macro and street, and many members there agree that the Ten in special in some indefinable way. The color saturation, richness and almost a film-like look, would be my description.

I've since purchased a K-7 and K-5 (classic) and they have many useful modern features, but my Ten still sees plenty of use, mainly as a manual-focus body. It is fully outfitted with a BG-2 grip, KatzEye split-prism screen and magnifying eyecup O-ME53. Matched with any M or A series smc glass, a Bokina with 1:1 adapter, Miranda 24mm f/2.8, Tokina 80-200 AT-X f/2.8 (MF with 'A' contact), it is a joy to use. I would gladly sell the K-7 before abandoning the K10D, if need be. Don't miss LV or video capabilities, I hardly use them anyway. The SR switch and FN button are perfectly placed and functional for use, the most-used sub-functions right where you want them.

And the ergonomics!!! I hope the Ten is recognized for its true qualities in my time.

JMO, YMMV. Ron

Chalootz297's gear list:Chalootz297's gear list
Pentax Optio I-10 Pentax K10D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow