Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts on the matter desired..

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Pentax on leading edge
In reply to yesman12, 9 months ago

I have a Pentax K-x.

I have bought a Canon 6D.  Now the Canon 6D is a wonderful camera.  It is, however, much larger than I expected.  I have been using it as an astrophotography camera....it is very impressive in that use.  There are lots of programs and accessories for that use that are just not available for the Pentax.

I suppose one of these days I will switch to the 6D as my everyday camera.

I really like the small size of the K-x, plus the use of AA batteries.  I never did buy a charger for the camera.  It is always ready to go.  I keep a supply of fresh batteries in my camera bag.  So I have been stalling on switching to the 6D.

Yeah, I know one of these days that wifi (great for astrophotography) and GPS will finally convince me to set aside the K-x.  That wifi makes it a great landscape camera when coupled with an IPAD.

What I really want is a Full-frame K-x that runs on AA batteries and that is the same size as the APS K-x.

It would be nice to have all the astrophotography programs for the K-x.

Quite frankly, if I did not do astrophotography I am not sure that I would switch.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow