Please, Where are the small, quality primes for DX??

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ron_9
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,681Gear list
Like?
Please, Where are the small, quality primes for DX??
10 months ago

I rediscovered photography with the intro of the D70 and have purchased and used just about every DX and/or FX body to come along----------------now after retirement(and even before) I wanted a smaller kit, abeit 24mm F2 DX lens(I would settle for 2.8 and good image-duh), that is compact and ready to go.  A 20mm and 35mm equal, in same mode, would also be desirable.

Ok, I have all the D800 stuff and decided to trim size of kit down some.  I found that I really like the D7100 for it's size and quiet shutter but no small street primes.  Yes there is the 35mm F1.8 but it is the 50mm equilvilant, plus it's seems to be a bit slow in the focus.

I'lll keep my D800 and trinity for those serious photo safarais, but right now is it to much to ask Nikon to finish what they started and complete and offer a much more robust selection in DX than they are offering at the moment, anyone heard any rumors, a glimmer of hope.

If I wasn't buried to the hilt in Nikon,  I would look at the new Pentax and it's line up of small primes.---------ron s.

-- hide signature --

Keeping it sane in an insane world is an inconvenience at an inconvenient time!!
www.pbase.com/ron9ron

ron_9's gear list:ron_9's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D70 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow