56 a fahsan pahn!

Started Oct 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,757Gear list
Like?
Re: 56 a fahsan pahn!
In reply to R Neuschul, Nov 4, 2013

Oh, absolutely, I agree. I was kind of being silly. I know most people prefer zooms for a lot of reasons, and I am kind of the oddball. As far as cost, that was a great thing about getting into Fuji. They were having one of those 'buy a camera and get a ton off lenses' sales, so I bought an X-E1 and the 18, 35, and 60 primes for not a lot more than the X-E1 kit with the 18-55 would have cost, by not getting the zoom. I have not bought any other lenses since, because of cost, and because they are making a lot of short stuff and the XC lenses, instead of the short-to-mid telephotos I want. I don't shoot much wide angle, and hardly ever use the 18, though I like the results from it. When it makes it to Lensrental.com, I will prolly rent the 23 to see if it is something I might be eventually interested in, but I can't really afford it and the 56/1.2 both, and I really want the 56, if it gets good reviews and focuses fast.

And yes, the XF zooms are awesome. A constant 4 zoom is considered a very good one, I think, and the short zoom is that or less across its range.

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow