Swapping EM1 for A7

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,183
Like?
Re: A7 is very mature
In reply to captura, Nov 3, 2013

captura wrote:

Speaking of which, I wonder if the DxO scoring system is unfairly biased in favor of the largest sensor cameras, and perhaps the ones with the largest lens-mounts. I didn't originate that idea. To illustrate this; the NIKON 1, a very fine performing system (I have one too) gets in my opinion unrealistically low test scores.

If this effect is true, then m43 should also achieve higher DxO test scores compared to the present, when measured against APS-C or FF.

There definitely has to be some type of weighting system and combined scores are notorious for covering up problems in one area or overemphasizing another vs. what might be important to an individual.  The biggest advantage of a larger sensor is the high ISO performance, followed closely by dynamic range.  If those are the highest ratings, vs. say detail, you'd expect a larger sensor to do very well compared to a smaller one, and something like the Foveon sensor to score very poorly overall.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow