Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts on the matter desired..

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
13thBagel
Contributing MemberPosts: 933Gear list
Like?
Some honest not so unbiased thoughts on the matter...
In reply to cdherman, 11 months ago

cdherman wrote:

I have an older Pentax K-x body which is obviously not very valuable now, and a couple APS-c cheap entry lenses in the 18-55 and 50-200 ranges.

But I also have a nice FA 1:1.4 50mm and a Sigma 1:1.8 EX DG 28m Macro. I think both of these are decent lenses, someone correct me if I am wrong, full frame lenses.

My daughter needs a bigger lens for her highschool yearbook work.

I am in a quandary as to my options....

Your honest thoughts.....

What a wonderful opportunity to enhance your father-daughter relationship...

May I suggest that you ask your daughter take the lead on this inquiry?

Ask her to post her questions to your fellow forum members... Based on her findings, engage her in a thoughtful conversation at home. Encourage her to be independent and to think outside the box. Work together in an honest way as a "team members, or co-equal partners". Speaking as a parent of grown daughters, avoid a "top down" directive, as it often produces an unanticipated push-back. In short, consider this another way to help her learn how to grow and become a responsible adult.

The recommendations offered by your forum colleagues are excellent (nothing to add from me), but it's unfair to expect them alone to satisfy you with you, or get you and her on the same page.

Photography is a ton of fun. Daughters love their daddy. Play your cards right and you and she may discover a great way to build a positive experience that will last a lifetime.

... my 2 cents... M

-- hide signature --

"Be the kind of person chance finds easy to help."

13thBagel's gear list:13thBagel's gear list
Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow