Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
What now?
In reply to Abrak, 11 months ago

Abrak wrote:

marike6 wrote:

If mirrorless shipments are up in the US, for example, I sure didn't see any evidence of it on Monday when I went down to B&H Photo in NYC. I had my new X-E1 with me.

I cant really quantify how totally insignificant your personal experience is in NYC

But really I might berate people who turn personal observation into objective fact.

Perhaps you missed where I wrote:

"Of course this is just anecdotal evidence, but I did notice a ton of people happily walking around Manhattan with their DSLRs."

Anecdotal

adjective - (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research : while there was much anecdotal evidence there was little hard fact | these claims were purely anecdotal

The point is I think there is a tendency on some online forums to assume that everybody prioritizes small size in cameras, but outside of these forums in the real world there does seem to be a large segment of the population who grew up with SLRs and don't consider them burdensomely heavy.

I never said anything about facts.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CIPANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow