Started Nov 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoisfun
Regular MemberPosts: 244
Like?
D7000 is horrible at soccer pictures
Nov 3, 2013

Just recently purchased a D7000 as a backup to a backup and took it out to a few soccer games and the focus is HORRRIBLE. It rear focuses about 70% of the time. I've tried all focus options, but mainly AF-C w/ either Auto or single point focus and still get the same horrible results.

There was a review on YouTube that someone recently did comparing the D7000 and the Canon 70D and he had a similiar result, but his was better than mine. I'm only able to get 30% keepers at most. The lens I mainly use is Nikon 70-200 2.8 VRII. I tried it at 2.8 and 4.0 and still the same results. Is this a known problems with the Nikon D7000?

Before I sell this thing, I reset the camera by pressing the green buttons, turning on the camera, and turning it off after the "blink" on the info screen. I hope this works because this camera seems to focus worse than my old D90.

I did not post samples because it's self explanatory. Rear focus with subject handling ball, the focus will catch the rear backgrounds (buildings, fence, people, etc.).

Canon EOS 70D Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A3New
RiskNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow