captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,961Gear list
Like?
Re: A7 is very mature
In reply to sigala1, 10 months ago

sigala1 wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Nope.

Lenses, lenses, lenses. Our system is "mature" while the other is still in preschool.

Cheers,

Rick

-- hide signature --

"Whiskey is for drinking, digicams are for fighting over."
—Mark Twain

This is not really a whole new product for Sony but an enhancement of their already excellent NEX and RX1 products.

And Sony has already announced a pretty large number of FE lenses.

Only 15 lenses, starting with 3 in December.

A brand new FF series not really compatible with the APS-C sensor series of NEX. All NEX development has been cancelled and Sony has dropped the NEX name for new models. Leaving all NEX owners including me, high and dry. A7 and NEX share the e-mount, but if you run the crop NEX lens on the A7 you get only 10 mp.

Sony have done that before. In a couple of years, because I will continue to want a small rangefinder style camera, I will be forced to get an GX7. Fortunately I already have several m43 lenses.

I believe the RX cameras were only the test mule for the A7 and A7r. High priced and no advantage.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow