Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
esbn
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
wow
9 months ago

This is an impressive lens, I would call it perfect.

I got it from a UK dealer at 75% of Danish retail price.

Handling

This is build like a nuclear bunker with a very nice panorama window and allthough that sounds like a serious engineering flaw I admit to comitting a false analogy. There is hardly any engineering flaws to be found here. The rubber finish is very firm rubber but it gives it a very nice grip and feel. the sound is pleasing and hardly there at all. The big glass front element makes it look like an impressive light gathering tool.

IQ

The purple fringing is easily taken care of in post and well worth the extra 30 seconds. The bokeh is just as creamy as anything you could magic up in Photoshop. And it is sharp where you want it to be. I have not noticed any colour casting, neither warm or cold or other. It has all the contrast and resolution I could ever want.

Just get it

Examples of the lens both pictures taken with and of this lens can be seen here they were all taken with the Pentax K-5

esbn's gear list:esbn's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +1 more
esbn's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow