Dilemma: Anyone moved from m43 to Fuji X or visa versa?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Dilemma: Anyone moved from m43 to Fuji X or visa versa?
8 months ago

I have a dilemma.

On my desk right now is an unopened X-E2 + 35mm
On one hand I know I'd enjoy the shallower DOF, though it is marginal, and for certain I'd enjoy the experience more (as I did with the X100) and the form factor appeals to me much more. These things are great for my 'passionate' photography. But... my fear is I'll regret losing the video, IBIS, and AF reliability when using the camera for home & family snapshots.

I've downloaded raw files from the X100s and OM-D (same scene) to help my decision, and whilst the Fuji has less noise at all ISO ranges, it is also a little softer. If I reduce noise in OMD or sharpen Fuji X100s they don't appear too different...

What I'd really like to do is open it up and have a good play around with it, but I don't really have that option as I'd have to buy it as soon as I opened it unfortunately.

So I am looking for any stories from anyone who has switched (either way) and can inspire me to make a damn decision!

Thanks!

Ss

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow