Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts on the matter desired..

Started Nov 2, 2013 | Questions thread
newmikey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,956Gear list
Like?
Quite the contrary!
In reply to cdherman, Nov 2, 2013

cdherman wrote:

For some of the others, I'd point out that I am uneducated in this matter, but not stupid. Some of you may consider yourselves well educated about the topic, rightfully so. But you have also shown your stupid sides in your approach to educate me......

You were the one who seems to make an issue out of nothing. Those "couple APS-c cheap entry lenses in the 18-55 and 50-200 ranges" are actually capable of delivering very decent results when coupled to a recent body like the K-50 and your "FA 1:1.4 50mm and a Sigma 1:1.8 EX DG 28m Macro" are more than just "nice" - they are actually pretty excellent.

You were the one referring to making a yearbook and contemplating a 50-500mm for that purpose and you are the one making silly statements that have nothing to do with being either technically educated or not, like "It seems like Pentax is dwindling slowly" or "find one of the other 'big 2' brands going forward".

There is nothing to educate anyone about here. You are seeking justification to junk not only an old body but also 4 quite capable lenses for the mere satisfaction of buying a more popular brand. Why ask us in the first place? You do not want to hear the answers anyway unless they are right up your street, well OK then: "Pentax is doomed to die, buy either a Canon or a Nikon as they are the only brands that really matter. You will make awesome images merely by selecting a different and obviously much better brand."

Oh. yeah, before I forget: "Buy a 50-500mm especially for indoor, low-light, hand-held sports. Because it is longer, heavier and far more expensive, it will produce much better shots than any of the f2.8 70-200mm zooms, the DA*50-135mm or the f4.0 DA*60-250mm

Because your 50-500mm has the 50-70mm range at its low end, it would be the best choice for yearbook portraits as well, as long as the lights of the gym are on when your daughter shoots 'm."

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow