Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevenjames
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
Adobe Lr 5 User Review
10 months ago

I use adobe Lr for all of my post processing. I used to use PSP, still do for some unsharp mask or high pass sharpening.

I just don't like using PSP or Elements for everyday processing, its too time consuming and unorganized digging through menus to get to controls.

In Lr it is very organized, logical & intuitive. You work in modules going from left to right and top to bottom. Simply adjust a slider to see the effect. The big thing with Lr is it is non destructable, that is to say that while making adjustments in Lr any adjustments remain when you close out and return but they are never permenant in Lr. You can export an image that you have adjusted and that image will be permanent but you can always go back to Lr and start from scratch with that image. I hope that makes sense.

Also Lr is an incredible image catalog/library/organizer. When you originally import your images from camera to Lr you can tag & rate them which makes it very easy to find later. You can rate them 1-5 and assign a color. So lets say you want to find that image you remember from your daughter Natalie at the beach, you just forget the year but know it was a great shot. Go to the search box and search images for "natalie" then specify with 5 stars, want to narrow it down more? enter search for tags "beach"

Download a 30 day trial.

Steve

-- hide signature --

www.StevenJamesPhotography.com

stevenjames's gear list:stevenjames's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +8 more
stevenjames's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow