Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts on the matter desired..

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,472Gear list
Like?
Re: Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts..
In reply to robbo d, 10 months ago

robbo d wrote:

I own the Kx and the K5IIs and with good glass on the front and with good care of your image quality like tripods, correct shutter speeds and light, well there's not a huge noticeable difference.

We can believe that the Kx is 'old' and therefore sub standard, but because this is a 'gearhead' forum that they aren't considered viable anymore........the Kx when it came out, punched well above its weight and if you believe 'snapsort', its sensor is still up there with the current canon ones and better than most of their recent APS-C....

I didn't said the K-x is "sub standard" or "not viable"; if it suits your needs it's definitely a viable option. But just in case if you might want a faster camera, higher resolution with no AA filter, higher DR, better build quality, weather sealing, battery grip, dual control wheels, AstroTracer support, AF working down to -3EV, 100% viewfinder, more and smaller AF points, AF tracking linked to an RGB metering system, quieter shutter release and many other such things - Pentax has them.

My point? Since the OP is not in a hurry to upgrade - not that he should - I doubt Pentax would ever be a limiting factor for him.

Pentax on the way out....is biased fanboy emotional claptrap from other brand followers and salesman uneducated enough to sell groceries at the checkout let alone cameras. The other big issue they will spin is lack of lenses.....give me a break!!!....Pentax has one of the best APS-C lens line ups and with Sigma, Tamron and Samyang....well, the rest is history.

Usually it gets worse when Pentax releases a truly amazing product

At the end of the day, if it's a change you want and someone you think you trust and respect has said another brand is better, then go for it, do what's comfortable for you, but other than video capabilities....Pentax in many ways is the equivalent or better than the opposition, they've had to be or they wouldnt be in business anymore and Ricoh would not be investing so much in them, new camera's and lenses and flashe and technology.

I must admit, I started having my doubts about staying with Pentax in the last Hoya years. I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry...

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow