Upgrading from a Lumix TZ10 Zoom Compact.

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamesHal
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Upgrading from a Lumix TZ10 Zoom Compact.
11 months ago

Hi there,

So I have been undertaking a heap of research over the past few weeks in order to upgrade from my TZ10. So I bought this camera probably influenced by the marketing of megapixels, zoom and positive reviews from digitalcamerainfo.com. Whilst the camera did suit my needs in terms of capturing acceptable zoomed low-light shots at music gigs - it's not pulling its weight for my current needs/wants:

• Recording quality music YouTube videos in varying lighting conditions - mostly low. (I use a firewire interface to record vocals and guitar so microphone isn't an issue).
  • Travel camera that is compact enough (and possibly weatherproof) to take from bars to the beach.
  • Low-light shots of city-scenery and indoor events.
  • Some decent DOF capability for beginner of artistic photography

So I've narrowed it down to six models within my budget.

I can get the Canon S110 for about AUD$215 and was thinking of accompanying it with a Sony NEX-6 or Canon 100D.

I do  like what I've seen of the Pentax MX-1 and Sony RX100 (however purchasing these would most likely force an ILC out of my budget). The very compact Panasonic GM1 is also of interest.

So just any advice/experiences would be appreciated. I'm not in a massive rush so if there's news on upcoming models I will probably be more than happy to wait and see what comes.

Many thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow