Considering throwing in the towel with Pentax, some honest unbiased thoughts on the matter desired..

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 697Gear list
Like?
A good bridge for your daughter and a process of lens updating (and maybe K3) for you?
In reply to cdherman, 8 months ago

Have you ever thought about a good brdige camera for your daughter. Do not know what Kind of photos she has to do for the yearbook - but maybe she will be happy with a Little camera that can solve nearly every task for her instead of carrying with her tons of glass.

With a good bridge camera you usually have an enormous focal range, good macro capabilitites, a large DOF because of a the smaller sensor and it should be no problem to print the photographs in a yearbook - for photos you just want to print in a book 3 MP would be sufficient - you won't have any advantage of higher resolution. Buy her a nice bag for the Bridge camera and she can carry it everywhere with her. A simple camera in you Hand is more worth than a high end camera in your camera case at home.

What you want to do with your equipment is something different. I just try to improve my lens Equipment by buying well known high end primes (also vintage lenses, as the new ones are much too expensive for me) and to get rid of the consumer lenses.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow