micronean
Regular MemberPosts: 302Gear list
Like?
Re: DSLR future prediction by EOSHD from Andrew Reid
In reply to howardroark, Nov 2, 2013

howardroark wrote:

Promit wrote:

stan_pustylnik wrote:

For people who are stuck with large lenses they own already - DSLR is their future. However for people who start fresh - mirror-less is very appealing, because of compact size/weight in combination with good IQ.

The big advantage of mirrorless isn't weight/size. That's become a surrogate advantage because it's much easier as a selling point, especially on the smaller chip m4/3 cameras. The point many are trying to make is that mirrorless cameras are technically superior -- in the long term, not right now. It always seem to catch DSLR people off guard that many of us would buy mirrorless EVEN IF size and price were no object.

Technically superior in what way? They have EVFs with the same resolution as a pentaprism viewfinder? They focus as fast or faster? They have the lens and accessory support of cameras with mirrors? If you enjoy your camera then that is really wonderful. If you think you chose the technically superior technology then I'm afraid your standards are not the same as every other person on the planet. I have yet to see a technically superior camera that will take over the world.

I remember people saying the same thing in the late 1990s about digital photography and digital cameras of that time. They made the same arguments that and SLR was better at res., AF, buttons, etc. Same thing when AF came to replace MF.

In the end, the new tech matures, and the "old school" drops their old cameras and forgets they ever made an argument to defend those old cameras...

micronean's gear list:micronean's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow