Mirrorless shipments surge....

Started Nov 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,549
Like?
Re: Spreadsheet of units sold by region.
In reply to amalric, Nov 1, 2013

amalric wrote:

Cipher wrote:

Hope I did my math correctly. Mirrorless manufacturers need more advertising in the Americas and Europe.

Thank you for this. If true there is a remarkable progression in 9 months, even in the n Americas, almost a doubling in penetration.

So I am not even sure if traditional adverts work. Word of mouth on the Internet for valuable goods might be more relevant - meaning DPR of course

As we know there are also ideological factors which retarded the Occident. It has a greying population in comparison to Asia, which therefore has less preventions.

Retrospectively, with a downturn in between Mirrorless liftoff was never going to be easy in the West, but it might change if people have more money to 'upgrade'.

Am.

While the data above is indeed correct (well roughly) it actually gives a pretty misleading picture of the underlying trends in mirrorless. The data shows an underlying rise from a low in Feb to a high in Sept. Actually yoy every month except September has been down and the next couple of months are likely to be down yoy even if absolute numbers are higher.

Take November 2012 for instance. 594k mirrorless were shipped in that month alone (an absolute record for mirrorless shipments). And 116k units were shipped to the US last November alone equivalent to half the total shipments to the US in the first nine months of this year.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CIPANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow