Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ilsiu
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Re: For some things, EVF is better.....
In reply to qianp2k, 9 months ago

qianp2k wrote:

Using the same lens (with adapter) on an EM5, if it looks in focus on the EVF, then I know it's in focus.

However how you're sure it actually exactly focus? I know CDAF works great under good light on contrast subject. But from what I read it will struggle under poor light or on surfaces that lacking of enough contrast. The hybrid focus system that combines CDAF and PDAF would be better such as the one implemented in A7. Personally I also prefer A7/A7R's EVF over Olympus E-M1's one (just personal opinion) when I played them both in the Expo.

Also from 70D review, DPR said 70D's LV PDAF thru dual-pixel is more accurate than OVF PDAF (but DPR admitted they didn't MFA lenses) and only slightly less than MF thru 10x LV.

The EVF just displays exactly what the sensor sees - just like live view. So if it's in focus on the EVF, it's in focus at the sensor. I have also empirically confirmed this: things that looked in focus in the EVF is still in focus when reviewing at 100% on my PC.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow