Does everybody's NEX underexpose?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Tone Row
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?
Re: Does everybody's NEX underexpose?
In reply to zackiedawg, 8 months ago

zackiedawg wrote:

In my experience, multi-metering mode has always tended to slightly underexpose on almost all Sony bodies I've ever had...I find that metering mode in general to be much less reliable. I always set my Sonys to Center-Weighted metering - both my A580 and my NEX-5N (as well as my A550, A300, and NEX3 before them) all meter beautifully, reliably, and perfectly in this mode for general shooting of nearly any type. I may still adjust the EV on occasion in difficult scenes or where I intentionally want to force an under-or over-exposure...but I find the center-weighted metering mode to be by far the best and most accurate with Sony bodies.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

I must be doing something wrong then (which is entirely possible) because I've had horrible luck using center-weighted metering with my NEX-6. On my camera it seems like spot and center weighted are virtually indistinguishable. Center weighted works great on my A77 so it does seem specific to something I'm doing with the NEX-6. I've never bothered to delve into it too deep though as multi-metering keeps me inside an easily fixable range with Lightroom.

Tone Row's gear list:Tone Row's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow