Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
LOL
In reply to mick232, 9 months ago

mick232 wrote:

jidery wrote:

I shoot Sony, the only camera maker with SLT and one of the few with EVF. Then there is Pentax, one of the few SLR's with in body stabilization. On the smaller side you have Fuji, probably the best mirror less camera out there. Olympus and Panasonic are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with a small sensor.

Canon and Nikon are just boring compared to Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, and Fuji. I don't understand why Canon and Nikon dominate with their lack of innovation.

IBM was dominating the computer market, now they aren't.

You don't think IBM is a major player in enterprise systems?

Microsoft was dominating the computer market, now they aren't.

Ummmmm.....I hate to burst your bubble but, yeah they are.

Nokia was dominating the mobile phone market, now they aren't.

They were doing great in dumb phones, didn't realize an OS actually mattered, and were too late.  Microsoft finally realized an integrated hardware/software/marketplace was required.  Nokia isn't dead yet.

Apple was dominating the smartphone market, now they aren't.

And in terms of profit, Apple is still destroying the competition.  In terms of music and application sales they're killing.  In terms of iOS adoption, they are murdering unlike the fragmented Android OS landscape.  They don't give their stuff away for free, others do.  Oh, and they also invented the modern smartphone and the modern tablet, which is to say hardware/software/marketplace integration and not-sucking.

Bottom-line: don't worry, things change.

And some things don't.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow