Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: And all the fanboys thumbed you, even though...
In reply to Leandros S, 8 months ago

Leandros S wrote:

PK24X36NOW wrote:

Nikon and Canon have "innovated" the best cameras (SLRs) to the highest state of performance, and have extensive systems of optics to go with them, along with professional service to back them all up. When those other camera makers can match that with their systems, then they'll have something to crow about. I wouldn't hold my breath.

In short, Nikon and Canon dominate because they have the best cameras and lens systems. Funny how that works.

Nikon has some of the longest lens repair return times as documented by lensrentals.com's Roger Cicala.

Lol. Lens repair return times? Talk about pulling an obscure reference out of the hat. What about employee lunch breaks? If those are also long, I'd say you are absolutely right. lol.

Did you even stop to consider that Nikon repair service centers are busy because of high volume?

Did you stop to consider that the PK24X36NOW is talking about Nikon Professional Service, and the Nikon system, one of two of the most complete professional SLR systems ever created?

Canon has sensor tech that is not competitive in terms of noise, dynamic range or colour depth. Difference in DR is now two stops, and widening.

You cite "professional service" and "best cameras" - I don't see that either is true.

Canon makes superb cameras and lenses, and Nikon has been on top of DxOMark sensor ratings for at least five years.  So I'd say you've lost this one.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow