Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,606Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.
In reply to John1940, 8 months ago

John1940 wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Old Listener wrote:

The Nikon DX world gives me lots of choices to fit my needs and my budget. The Canon APS-C world probably has similar choices. I don't see nearly as much choice in the mirrorless worlds.

From small acorns do large Oak trees grow.

They grow slowly, but have a long life unless something kills them.

There is more and more choice with each passing day.

You surely mean each passing year.

John1940

Hardly a day passes without some new 'improved' product being introduced which someone somewhere hopes will tickle my fancy and fill their bank account while emptying mine.

Camera and accessory introduction are legion but innovation is relatively rarer, though not rare as such. Innovation and new products are what keep the wheels of commerce greased. If we all stopped buying all but essential clothes, food and water tomorrow, the economy would de-rail and this would directly impact each and every one of our lives.

So I applaude innovation and new desirable products and indeed their sales success, whatever they may be. I love the consumer society, for without it we would all be in a very poor place.

So 'Hooray!' for the large sensor compact, the mirrorless cameras, the DSLR's and everything else that keeps people employed and gives joy and utility to all that purchase them.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow