Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Change for the sake of change.
In reply to alexisgreat, 10 months ago

alexisgreat wrote:

as the old saying goes, you cant teach an old dog new tricks and once all these old dodgers pass on, the dominance will end. Then we will finally be rid of optical view finders and 3:2 format sensors!

as to why cameras should change, when the world hasn't changed- wow, that's a laughable statement! The world is dynamic, the universe is dynamic, nothing ever stays the same! Also, why wouldn't cameras change- does anyone really think cameras capture the full range of dynamic range or resolution that is possible? Of course not! Not even close! When cameras can capture exactly what the human eye sees- let me know. Innovation shouldn't even stop then, because there is so much more to reality than even that.

DSLR arent even true digital cameras- they have one foot in the old world and one foot in the new- they are hybrids.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

Your point of view is short sighted, probably because you're egocentric...judging by your handle.  On that point, people who claim to be great never are.

You know what stays the same?  Humans want control over their world and, in the absence of any real control, they create artifice to simulate control.  One little storm still kills the $hit out of humans.  One little heart attack, a sharpened pencil in just the right place, or an accidentally inhaled piece of candy ends it all.  So in order to make life seem more important we change stuff all the time, and the more insecure we are the more we want change because we think change equals better.  Why?  Because things sucks so much right now if we change it things will be better.

Cameras have evolved over decades.  Just because things can change doesn't mean they should.  And just because one thing is perfect for one person doesn't mean it is perfect for another.  Some people can't get over a camera not having a perfect viewfinder.  I have a camera that I exclusively use the LCD with and one that I almost exclusively use the OVF....both have their place.  Anyone who thinks current cameras are simply based around a roll of film hasn't been paying attention.  You can pretend that everything in the universe is changing all the time, but the important stuff is quite unchaning.  Patterns of planet, solar system, and galactic evolution are all governed by the same universal forces and, therefore, all occur in very similar ways.  Tiny things tend to mimic larger things....or is it the other way around?  And the more things change, the more things stay the same.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow