Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started Oct 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike Walters
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
Re: they'll dominate until film users die and then they will no longer dominate
In reply to alexisgreat, Nov 1, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

as the old saying goes, you cant teach an old dog new tricks and once all these old dodgers pass on, the dominance will end. Then we will finally be rid of optical view finders and 3:2 --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

Just because something is new doesnt mean it is better. Why change something that gives you as perfect a view of the world as possible for something electronic purely because it has the 'digital' label assigned to it.

When something comes along that I can afford and gives me something as robust, controllable, versatile, consistant and well balanced as my DSLR then I might think about replacing it.

I get tired of these people referring to people such as myself as 'old dodgers' and such like because we wont just but the latest gadgets just so they can show them off to thier mates...

When the time comes, when a camera system is available that does everything my Nikon DSLR does I may change, but at present that option is not there.

Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow