Mirrorless shipments surge....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,368
Like?
Re: Can I just say....
In reply to YouDidntDidYou, 9 months ago

YouDidntDidYou wrote:

Fact: stock build up can be a good thing or a bad thing it depends on the quality of stock at rate of turn....

Well you could say that... But can you give me one example in corporate history whereby...

1) A company has missed its sales forecast by at least 30%...

2) It has had a substantial build up in inventory...

...And it has been a 'good thing'....

Really all you do is repeat a mantra that Oly/Panny/M43 is doing really, really, well without any reference to the underlying facts... Lets take your 'belief' earlier in this thread....

' I believe Olympus, Panasonic and Fuji are racing ahead of their mirrorless rivals, DSLRs are slowly dying and compacts are in total free fall.'

Now the reality is that both Canon and Nikon are in a rude state of health. Canon actually reported operating profit for imaging up in the first 9 months of the year. And the simple fact is that all mirrorless producers are losing money selling mirrorless - Olympus just recorded a record loss for its imaging division and Panasonic just recorded the largest loss by a manufacturing company in recorded corporate history. So to conclude that DSLRs are dying when mirrorless appears strangled at birth is rather premature.

As for Olympus and Panasonic racing ahead of their mirrorless rivals, I think you will find that Sony is the one gaining market share. Look at the BCNranking ILC numbers for
September - Sony has 7 of the top 20, Olympus 2 and Panasonic 0.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CIPANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow