RX100 benefits against RX100ii?

Started Oct 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
newellj
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 benefits against RX100ii?
In reply to HansV, Nov 1, 2013

HansV wrote:

I'm rather short, so perspective when shooting from the hip is low angle too. But I can raise the camera above my head to get a different angle of view. This will bring some variation in my shots. Another advantage of the tilt screen.

For me the extra millimeters and grams don't weigh up against the benefits of the tilt screen. Compared to my actual setup this is still a very tiny and light camera.

I had the RX100 and was a little apprehensive about the (slight) increase in size, because I carry the camera in my shirt pocket so there's not a lot of extra room.  Fortunately, I don't notice the extra millimeter or whatever it is at all.  I didn't expect to be able to notice the extra ounce of weight, but I do - although it's not a problem.

And the physical changes are, for me, more than worth the addition of the tilt screen.  Being able to take pictures from higher and lower perspectives is a great photographic advantage.  I am completely mystified by the irrational ad hominem attacks in this thread on people who buy the Mk2.

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
failNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow