Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started Oct 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,796Gear list
Like?
I agree with OP, with caveats
In reply to jidery, Nov 1, 2013

Clearly Nikon and Canon have made good products, but they are not giving us lighter, faster, with more connectivity like Sony and others.  I appreciate the solid efforts Nikon and Canon have made but they will be selling to the old guard and uneducated who think you must have a DSLR with L glass to make nice photos for a long time to come.

I think as people realize there are innovative companies passing nikon and canon up with smaller, lighter, faster, and more connected cameras with equal image quality you will see a shift.  If Nikon or canon make something I like I will buy it.  I would consider the g16 or p7800 there most innovative cameras, but the Olympus Stylus 1 is a step above.  
I think Sony is the real innovator and will force Nikon and Canon to wake up.   Nikon and Sony are like apple repackaging a great product with a loyal consumer base, and Sony is closer to samsung with android phones.  Android is the dominate player now.

The old dogs will figure it out soon and they will and already do sound like film guys.   Did we mention Red Camera?  Thats innovation that canon is now copying!

Z

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow