Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,092
Like?
Re: Marketing to the sheep.
In reply to Mike_PEAT, 9 months ago

Mike_PEAT wrote:

The sheep see pros using top of the line canikon camera, so they think it must be better than everything else, even if they buy the bottom of the barrel canikon.

I use Canon, I don't regard myself as a sheep.

It's the same mentality that is NASCAR racing, people see a particular car win, so they go to the dealer and buy it, even if the car they buy is only the same in name only.

That was true in the 1950's and maybe the 1960's but not in many, many years now. At the start, the cars that were raced were very much like what you could buy at the dealer. Some were actually driven to the racetrack long distances; others were used to run moonshine when they weren't being raced.

Now the cars are a shell over a tube frame running an engine built to specs designed to eliminate any real competition. The cars don't even look like the ones at the dealer and haven't for many years. I stopped caring about NASCAR long ago when all that started; it just lost all relevance for me. And while huge numbers of people still do follow the sport, someone would have to have a screw loose to buy Chevy or a Ford because a caricature of one won a race last week.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow